Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Red Velvet Cupcakery

As much as I love frozen yogurt, when faced with the painful dilemma of new cupcake vs. fro yo, the cupcake will always win.

So a few weeks ago, when the Dupont Tangy Sweet started serving Red Velvet Cupcakery cupcakes, I took the opportunity to try their peanut butter cup. The salted icing was a perfect compliment to the peanut butter flavor and worked well with the chocolate cake. I liked the frosting better than any other in the city. Unfortunately the cupcake did not live up to the icing's high standard; though the chocolate cake was rich, it was dry and crumbly.

Georgetown Cupcake and Best Buns are still my favorite cupcakes in town, but I'm interested to find out if there is a difference between the Red Velvet cupcakes at Tangy Sweet and the cupcakes at their E Street bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment