Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Drinks at Restaurant Eve

Two years ago Restaurant Eve transformed my view of cocktails. Before this epiphany I saw cocktails as overly sweet or overly alcoholic, but never just right. So I avoided them in favor of something safer, like a nice glass of wine. When I finally took a chance on Restaurant Eve's drinks, I was blown away. Made with only hand-squeezed juices and house-made bitters and tonics, their concoctions were out of this world.

Recently the Washingtonian named Restaurant Eve's Todd Thrasher as the city's cocktail guru. This seemed like a good excuse to revisit an old favorite...

Here were the group's picks:


Eve's Temptation

My all-time favorite drink made with Granny Smith apples and Smirnoff apple vodka.


The Molly Delicious
My second favorite of the group, this mixes house-made apple cider, Makers Mark, and calvados. It tastes like Christmas

Lemony Laurel

The perfect drink for summer, this combines roasted lemons, bay leaves, Galliano, and Smirnoff citrus vodka.

If the drinks aren't motivation enough to head into Old Town, Restaurant Eve's cozy bar is the perfect place to relax after a stressful day, catch up with friends, or bring a date. Definitely check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment