Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rosa Mexicano

Instead of just stuffing ourselves on margaritas and apps, some friends and I recently sat down for a whole meal at Rosa Mexicano. We started with their phenomenal guacamole dip:


I am not a big guac fan, but even I liked it.

We also got a pitcher of their Sangria Brilliante (a combination of Spanish sparkling wine, tropical fruit juices and bright raspberry liqueur) and the Sangria de Rosa Mexicano (flavors of apricot and citrus provide the perfect complement to your choice of red wine). The Brilliante was light and refreshing, while the Rosa Mexicano one was fruity and rich. In short, both were amazing...


Then I tried their chicken enchiladas:


They were very good, but I didn't like that they combined the light and dark meat. It just seemed odd.

We finished off with my favorite Mexican dessert, churros!


Their churros were very good, but not quite up to par with Ceiba's. Rosa Mexicano provided more sauces, but none of them were as distinctive as Ceiba's chocolate espresso sauce.

Overall, the food was good, but not nearly as impressive as their sangria. The atmosphere was fun and the service was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment