Monday, November 22, 2010

Meatless Monday: Inspiration for a Meatless Thanksgiving

I apologize - this was scheduled to post last Monday, but apparently did not. Better late than never I guess!

A Thanksgiving without turkey sounded sacrilegious at first. But when I really thought about it, all my favorite dishes (mashed potatoes, green beans, macaroni and cheese, pumpkin pie, etc.) are meatless.  So this year, I’m focusing on the meatless options, especially those dishes that are vegan or veggie based. The recipes I've found make a meatless thanksgiving look surprisingly tempting...


I've been obsessed with Jennifer Segal's Once Upon a Chef blog ever since I saw her pumpkin bread recipe on metrocurean. Fortunately,  the blog has some delicious-looking holiday veggie recipes.

I found more meatless Thanksgiving inspiration in these dishes:

Roasted Squash, Pear, and Ginger Soup
Walnut Apple Stuffing
Sourdough Stuffing with Pine Nuts and Raisins
Easy Vegan Pumpkin or Squash PieVegetarian Shepherds Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment