Sunday, February 22, 2009

Pimp that snack

I recently stumbled upon a website dedicated to (I am not making this up) snack pimping.

The site takes the pimping culture to a whole new level by challenging people to pimp their snacks. It features tons of humongous pimped snacks that boggle the mind. Bizarre.

I love the shirts. But my favorite feature is the Pimp Trumps where you can select which snacks you want to pimp off against each other.

The site's most puzzling feature is its Diet Blog. Not exactly what you'd expect from a website dedicated to making super-sized snack foods. The blog explains itself:

Since it links nicely with the idea of gorging yourself on giant foodstuffs, we've created a diet blog for anyone that wants to write about their diet or how they're maintaining their weight.

Does it really link nicely or are these people just masochists? Are the purveyors of snack pimping really so eager to measure their body mass index?

As fascinating as it is, I'm not sure I understand this subculture. Or maybe I just need to spend more time on pimpthatsnack.

1 comment: