Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Oklahoma City Highlights

In the midst of my move, I jetted out to Oklahoma City to visit my parents and explore the local restaurants I'd heard so much about.


We went directly from the airport to the House of Bedlam. From the name, I was expecting a rowdy roadhouse, but instead walked into an unassuming diner/sporting paraphernalia store. I was pleasantly surprised by their delicious chicken salad sandwich and their amazing fries. My parents are obsessed with their tuna salad.

That evening, we wen to
La Baguette Bistro. The food was excellent, particularly their baked brie with berries. Next to the restaurant they have an impressive gourmet foods selection and patisserie. It was beautiful.

Later in my visit, we stopped by Ingrid's Kitchen for breakfast. The restaurant was featured on the Food Network and my parents have been talking about it for months. They have phenomenal German cakes and cookies as well as a very good breakfast buffet (and this is coming from a person who is morally opposed to buffets). Ingrid's lived up to its reputation and got the day off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment