Wednesday, May 26, 2010

When worlds collide...

Since I've started this blog I've secretly been hoping that my love of baked goods and my professional life would come together seamlessly. Earlier this week, it finally happened.

I'm a consultant for the Navy. I never foresaw baked goods as an area of national security interest, but apparently this was extremely short sighted. NPR reported that the Pentagon has turned a simple brownie recipe into a 26 page document. Recently, the Pentagon streamlined and expanded the process to cover other baked goods, bringing the page count to 31 without doing anything to improve the taste of the baked goods. Clearly this issue needs analysis and probably a study about how to improve the results of the baking process.

Not exactly how I envisioned merging my love of food with my career, but someone's got to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment