Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Belated Meatless Monday: A Sweet Respite

Yesterday was one of those days. So much so that I didn’t get a chance to post my weekly Meatless Monday blog until Tuesday. But there was a bright spot in my day and it was meatless, though not necessarily super healthy. I was rushing off to a lunch meeting in Crystal City when I passed the Sweetbites cupcake truck. Food trucks are all the rage right now, but working mostly in Arlington or McLean, I don’t see them too often. Luckily Sweetbites was still around after my meeting. Their chocolate coconut cupcake got me through the afternoon. The frosting tasted like a sweet whipped cream with coconut. Maybe it was the circumstances in which I ate the cupcake (it was the only escape from a crazy day), but it may have been the best chocolate coconut cupcake I’ve eaten in this town. Needless to say, I’ll be back next Monday. If you’re in Arlington, here are the deets:

Sweetbites Cupcake Truck
Mondays 10am – 3pm
Crystal Drive and 18th Street

To follow the truck in the city, check out its calendar!

No comments:

Post a Comment