Monday, October 4, 2010

Meatless Mondays: Healthier Cupcakes

Cupcakes are glorious, but not exactly the epitome of healthy living. This has never stopped me, but when I read Have your (Less Sinful) Cupcake, I was inspired to try a new take on my favorite food.

The recommended recipes were intriguing, and I thought it would be worthwhile to try one. I chose Banana Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting, which was simple to make. The cake recipe doesn't have butter, and the result was a light-tasting and very banana flavored cupcake.



The frosting calls for almond milk, confectioner's sugar, and dark chocolate.  


The end result is delicious, meatless, and healthier - perfect for Meatless Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Looks tasty!! Love chocolate and bananas together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! It turned out really well - I can't wait to try the other recipes!

    ReplyDelete