Monday, October 11, 2010

Meatless Monday: My New Obsession

Tofu scares me. It always has. The consistency is slimy and looks like opaque Jell-o. I’ve avoided tofu like the plague. In an effort to branch out and challenge myself on Meatless Monday, I recently tried Pad Thai Tofu. The consistency was unexpectedly good, probably because the tofu was fried. It had a sweet taste, adding to the flavor of the peanut sauce and fresh herbs far more than chicken. I can’t stop ordering this dish. I would eat it every day if I could. My obsession is that bad.
This experience proved to me that in the right dish, tofu can be delicious. If I ever stop eating Pad Thai Tofu, perhaps I will be able to try and recommend other delicious tofu dishes. In the meantime, I have some Pad Thai to heat up.

No comments:

Post a Comment