Monday, October 25, 2010

Meatless Monday: New York

While in New York this weekend, I revisited Quartino Bottega Organica for dinner. I knew the food was organic, but didn't realize the restaurant was nearly meatless (they only served fish). So if you are visiting New York on Meatless Monday, this is definitely a place to add to your itinerary.  

The menu was creative and used fresh, organic ingredients. The pear, arugula, and parmesan salad was delicious, while the wheat fettuccine with artichoke hearts, pine nuts, and spinach made me wish I lived next door.  The wine was organic and quite good. The service wasn't as friendly as I remembered, but our waitress was attentive and helpful. The only downside was the noise level in conjunction with the close proximity of the tables.  My friend and I left the restaurant knowing far more than we ever wanted to about the girl sitting next to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment