Monday, August 9, 2010

Where I'm going for dinner next time I'm in New York

New York is a great city with a mind-boggling number of famous restaurants and eateries. But some of the best restaurants are the inviting places you stumble upon while walking through the city.

My cousin Jessica and I were wandering around the Village looking for the perfect place to get a drink. There were a million options, but none seemed quite right until we walked past Quartino Bottega Organica. I loved the space - it was small, quiet, modest, and relaxed. The music was good and suited the ambiance. (This may seem trivial, but if you've ever had a meal ruined by Kenny G., you understand how critical music selection is.)

After a busy day, it was exactly what we needed.

The bar was small, but the wine list was impressive. It featured organic wines, but included several good, non-organic wines as well. I was surprised to find the prices much lower than I expected. The people working at the bar were down-to-earth and friendly. From talking with them, I got the sense that this was a restaurant owned and operated by people who truly loved food. After looking at the menu, I knew that this would be my first stop next time I visit New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment