Sunday, August 1, 2010

New York's most famous deli

Remember that scene in the deli from When Harry Met Sally? Did you ever wonder, like I did, if their sandwiches were that good? Turns out that Katz's Deli is famous for making life-changing sandwiches and cheesecake.

So of course I had to check it out. As soon as I got into the city, I met up with my cousin and headed to Katz's.



We walked into a large, bustling dining room. The menu was overwhelming - everything sounded delicious. But after walking there in oppressive heat, I couldn't fathom something as heavy as the famed pastrami sandwich. I opted for a chicken salad sandwich instead, vowing to come back next time for an authentic sandwich experience. The chicken salad sandwich was one of the best I've ever had and perfect for a hot summer's night. Still, my New York sandwich guilt didn't dissipate with each delicious bite and I realized there was only one way to make things right - eat a piece of authentic New York cheesecake.



This was the best cheesecake of my life. The texture was smooth, and it was the perfect blend of sweet and cheesy. It literally melted in my mouth. The power of this cheesecake cannot be underestimated. At this very moment, I have Katz's mail order cheesecake page up and the only question is "how many?"

No comments:

Post a Comment