Saturday, August 7, 2010

New York Doughnuts


What makes a great doughnut? New York's Doughnut Planet would argue a great doughnut has homemade fillings in a variety of flavors.

I wanted to check out Doughnut Planet since I saw it featured on the Travel Channel. My cousin and I got four doughnuts: Lavender, Valrohna Chocolate, Coconut Glazed Coconut Creme (my favorite), and Strawberry Jam Filled. They disappeared too fast to take pictures and lived up to our high expectations. The fillings were delicious but not overwhelming. The doughnuts themselves were light and sweet.

Doughnut Planet is a worthy rival of Fractured Prune for best doughnut ever- but it's a tough call. While Fractured Prune's hot glazed doughnuts rolled in delicious toppings are phenomenal, there's something irresistible about the Doughnut Planet's perfectly proportioned delicious filling to doughnut ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment