Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Really?

Recently, I was perusing the wine section of my local Harris Teeter and was horrified by what I saw.

Ed Hardy now makes wine.
Only one thing comes to mind: WHY?


Apparently tacky clothing was not enough - Ed Hardy just had to break into the wine market. I guess it's a natural step. I constantly find myself thinking, "If only I had a wine to match my outfit!"


About 30 seconds after I stumbled upon the wine, I could already see the Ed Hardy Lifestyle Channel in development and just knew there would be an awful reality tv show involving dysfunctional people living in an Ed Hardy house.

I was quickly nearing a full blown panic attack in the middle of the wine section. Thinking about how mortifying this would be only made me panic more, and I knew I had to act quickly before things got out of control. I searched for some free cheese samples, but there were none.

Then, I did what I always do when I'm at a loss - I picked up my iPhone.
Luckily, my friend Emily had just sent me an article about the best New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc under $17. I picked up a bottle of Crossings and paired it with an award winning goat cheese my roommate picked up over the weekend.

Both were amazing and almost made me forget all about my traumatic wine shopping experience. Almost.

2 comments: