Sunday, June 5, 2011

The longest blog lapse EVER...

I love this blog and many times over the past few months have wanted to write an entry.  But in the midst of working crazy hours and moving, blogging just hasn't been possible. 

Fortunately, this has not been the case with eating.  So I'll leave you with the highlights from my Chicago trip and I promise to write more soon (and by "soon" I mean later this week, NOT three months from now).

Koi, a sushi restaurant in Evanston, had the best sushi I have ever tasted.  It was an excellent recommendation from my office mate - I'm so glad I made it there.  Here were my two favorite dishes -


Chicago Maki - Salmon, avocado, and cream cheese topped with spicy tuna, crabmeat, tobikko, green onion, and sumo sauce

Dragon Fire Maki - Shrimp tempura topped with salmon, super white tuna, tobikko, green onion, spicy mayo, and unagi sauce, the baked and served warm.
I also checked out a local pastry shop, Bennison's.  It was delicious - I tried macaroons, a doughnut, and the sad face cookie (if only because it's awesome they had a sad face cookie).  All were amazing.  Wish I'd had room for the cupcakes though...




My all-time favorite Sesame Street character in cupcake form

2 comments:

  1. That sushi looks delicious! There's a sushi place downtown that me and my work friends go to. They always get our order wrong, but sometimes we can talk them into free moochi because of it hehe Did I tell you I tried eel sushi finally and liked it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was amazing! You have to go there some day. You never mentioned eel - but it's awesome that you tried it and liked it! We'll have to do sushi together whenever I get up there again.

    ReplyDelete