Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Resolution: cook with bourbon once a week

In this blog, I have documented my love of bourbon (as well as cupcakes).  For my birthday, I received some new bourbon inspiration thanks to my friend Liz...






Aside from the mouthwatering pictures of Kentucky bourbon French toast with Kentucky bourbon blueberry syrup, the book gives a good overview of bourbon 101.  The book also is broken into season to encourage fresh ingredients...though I'm pretty sure that French toast should be made year round.  

I've been dying to try a recipe, but haven't had the chance until now.  I kicked off my bourbon cooking spree with my old favorite, Derby pie.  But from here on out, I'm going to try a new bourbon recipe and share the results.

Let the bourbon cooking begin!

2 comments:

  1. This is one summer resolution I can stand behind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, who could object to bourbon? Making Chicken Kentuckiana with my mom this week...

    ReplyDelete