Thursday, September 30, 2010

Burma Superstar

A foodie friend suggested Burma Superstar when he found out I was headed to San Francisco.  A bustling hole-in-the-wall, the restaurant was packed even at lunch.  The service was friendly and efficient.  The food was out of this world.

My parents and I decided to start out with the Chicken Burmese Samosas.

Burmese raviolis hand wrapped and filled with curry spices, potatoes, deep fried, and served with the house special sauce
I read that people line up out on the street for Burma Superstar's Tea Leaf Salad, not to mention it was featured on the Food Network, so of course I had to try it.  (I wasn't disappointed.)


My dad tried the Vegetarian Samusa Soup (also featured on the Food Network and also delicious).


While my mom tried the bean curry.


In all, Burma Superstar was a great recommendation and well worth checking out if you are in the Bay Area!

No comments:

Post a Comment