Thursday, September 23, 2010

San Francisco: Finding a Local Favorite

Over Labor Day weekend, my parents, sister, and I met up in San Francisco for a wedding. By the time all of our flights got in, we were starving. My sister and I were eager to try out Ike's Place, so we all headed to the Castro for sandwiches. Unfortunately, we were not prepared for the two hour line.   

Anytime four hungry people encounter a roadblock to food, things can get ugly. Especially when they are related. On full stomachs, we could handle this situation, but the lack of food killed our decision making abilities. We deliriously wondered the streets of San Francisco until finally my dad had the best idea in the world: we should ask a local where to eat.

This may seem like common sense, but at this point, food deprivation had left us with the mental capacity of Snooki. We asked a campaign worker for a recommendation and he told us that we had to check out Cafe Flore down the street.  

We were not disappointed.
The patio was very nice, but also quite popular, so we grabbed a seat inside. Next to the revolving dessert case. I ordered a delicious bacon burger and slowly started to feel human again.  


Once I regained the powers of observation, I started to look around and liked what I saw. The atmosphere was friendly and laid back. There were signs for some impressive happy hour specials that put some of the best deals in DC to shame. If I ever move to San Francisco, I know where to start my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment