Sunday, September 19, 2010

How do I survive a four hour road trip? Alpine Pantry

Some people love road trips.  I am not one of them.  The only upside is that sometimes when driving, you stumble upon a local deli, bakery, or restaurant that almost makes traveling by car worth it.  

While the weather is nice, I try to visit my Grandma in West Virginia as much as I can.  On my way to her house this time, I stumbled upon Alpine Pantry, a Mennonite establishment specializing in deli meats, cheese, bread, baked goods, jams, and spices.  Everything is fresh and delicious, and after hours in the car by myself had no will power...which explains why I walked away with a bear claw (gone before I could grab my camera) and...

Herb and Cheese Bread

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
The bread and the pie were a hit at Grandma's house.  I'll definitely be back on my next trip.

If you want to check it out on your way to Wisp, Coopers Rock State Forest, or other local attractions, here are the deets:

Alpine Pantry
301-478-3696
I-68 Exit 56
21505 Flintstone Drive
Flintstone, MD 21530
Mon-Fri 7:30 - 5:00
Saturday 7:30 - 3:00
Closed Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment